Friday, January 8, 2010
1) Hold a garage sale during the summer break to get rid of things we no longer use but are still in good condition. I figured this will be a good chance to give the Kuyas their first ever "summer job." Hahaha!
2) Lose some more weight. Period.
3) Potty train my baby. He is turning 2 on Sept 2, 2010.
4) Come up with an efficient and disciplined savings plan by 1st quarter of the year so we can end 2010 with a well-funded / well-established savings account. No explanation needed. We all know we need to save!
5) Find a good review program for my eldest to prepare him for high school entrance exams.
6) A home makeover! The boys' room should look better by 2nd quarter of the year.
7) A vacation for the family. Hubby loves going out-of-town and I know the kids will be equally delighted!
Okay, I guess that's doable. Ü
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
- I got a little teary-eyed on New Year's Day (Jan. 1, 2009) as I reminisced how happy Hubby and I were when the home pregnancy test showed two lines (positive) exactly a year before (Jan. 1, 2008) and how thankful we were that everything went well for me and our baby who was almost four months old then. We were reminded that God listens and He knows what is best for all of us.
- I met Jen (of Latch) who helped me survive difficult phases of my mission to breastfeed my baby for at least a year. Thank you, Jen, for all the support you have given me. Truly, breastfeeding is a wonderful experience. Our family continues to enjoy the benefits and rewards of breastfeeding up to now and the decision to breastfeed is something I will never regret. I continue to pray that more mothers will choose to breastfeed.
- Our trip to Roxas City during the 2nd quarter of the year brought the family closer and gave Hubby and I our much-needed break. It also felt nice to go back to my hometown and reunite with relatives and old friends.
- The family enjoyed 3 getaways last 2009: Roxas City trip last April-May, EK and overnight in Laguna last June, and 3-day stay at King's Royal Hotel (Pampanga) last August.
- Our baby turned 1 last September 2, 2009. Although the celebration was simple, he enjoyed the company of people closest to him... Mommy, Daddy, Kuyas, Mamu, Dadu, cousins, Tito Ninong, Titos and Titas, and his Ate Ging.
- My long overdue project of setting up a blog for me and my family was finally taken out of my "to do list!" Hello, Mommyholic and A Peek Inside Our Box! :)
- Mako also attended his first Halloween party in Mommy's office and got a special award. He came as a baby bat. Hehehe.
- Kuya Maki received his First Communion last December 8, 2009...another reminder for Daddy and Mommy that the kids are growing up fast.
- A big family secret was revealed by Daddy and Mommy to the Kuyas last Christmas. Clue: They officially became newly-appointed Santa helpers. Hehehe!
2009 was a great year for the family. Our home continues to overflow with love, warmth and happiness. Thank you, Lord, for all the blessings and for keeping our family together. Please continue to watch over us and our loved ones. You know what is best for all of us...