Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Study Time

Mako loves to study. Oh yes, he does! He enjoys answering Math exercises. He listens eagerly when I teach him new letter sounds (he knows the alphabet and already sings the alphabet song clearly and without mistake) and lately, he has been giving signs that he wants to learn how to read already.

Hubby and I are, of course, delighted. We beam with pride and lovingly give each other our usual anak-talaga-natin-to and we-did-a-great-job looks everytime we see how smart our boys are. Yes, all three of them. Haha! #proudmommy

This is how much my little boy loves studying:

(1) Everytime he throws a tantrum, I would manage it by saying, "If you stop crying now, we'll go up our room and study." And guess what? It works! Haha! Mommy's magic. :)

(2) I usually stay up late during Friday nights because I read hanggang antukin knowing that I can sleep until late morning the following day. Saturday 6am - I hear Mako whispering, "Mommy? Mommy, pwede na ba tayo mag-aral?"  That scene also has a Sunday morning replay.

(3) I usually spend my Saturday afternoons helping Mako with his assignments and giving him a review of his lessons during the week. This usually takes about 1-2 hours only because the little guy knows his lessons very well (proud mom again!). Because of that, his assignments are usually a breeze for him. When we're done, he would, in his very cute and irresistible way, ask me, "Mommy, gusto ko pa aral. Pwedeng aral pa tayo?" This is why I buy workbooks for my little guy... so he can answer more Math and English exercises because he reallly, really loves to study.


My little boy happily working on his writing exercises
I wish the little guy's love for learning will continue to flourish even after college. I believe we should always have the eagerness to learn new things.

For now, I'm happy to see that he loves going to school. I love listening to him talk about the things he learned from his teacher that day. I love hearing him sing the songs he learned in school.

I am one happy and proud Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)