Thursday, April 5, 2012

Maundy Thursday 2012

Warning: Photo heavy post

While most people go on vacation or out-of-town (I have nothing against them), hubby and I prefer to take things easy and just spend time with the family at home (well, at least during Good Friday and Black Saturday) during the Holy Week. We both want our kids to grow up associating the Holy Week with religious activities rather than vacation (beach, resort, etc). Again, I have nothing against people who go on vacation during the Holy Week.
Ito lang ang choice namin ng asawa ko.

Maundy Thursday was Visita Iglesia time for us (me, hubby, our kids and my in-laws). We did the Stations of the Cross and visited 7 different churches from Valenzuela to Bulacan (2 stations per church). Here are some of the photos taken by my dear hubby.





















Our bunso was so affected by the dramatization of the Stations of the Cross. He kept asking why Jesus had so many wounds and why Mama Mary was crying. He was asking us who inflicted Jesus Christ's wounds and why they did that to Him.

Later in the evening, on our way home, first time naman mnkakita ng mga kuya ng nagpepenitensiya (nagbubuhat ng krus at hampas-dugo).

Looking back, I think it was a good way to spend Maundy Thursday. We spent time together and prayed as a family. At the same time, the kids were able to reflect on the suffering and death of Jesus Christ.

As for me, I would like to say sorry for all the things I did that I shouldn't have and for all the things I did not do that I should have.

3 comments:

  1. Oi, is that the Barasoain church? Thanks for the visit po. Happy Easter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi, is that the Barasoain church? Thanks for the visit po. Happy Easter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! We went to Barasoain church. The church is very beautiful. Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)