Wednesday, April 25, 2012

This One's For Daddy


Dear Daddy,

I'm sorry we weren't able to stay longer when we visited you last week. Manoy Joji and I wanted to but we really had to go back to Manila because of our work and our family. Thank you for understanding.

When I saw you at the hospital bed last week looking very weak, I felt like crying. Hindi ako sanay, Dad. I have always remembered you as someone very fit, healthy, and strong. Maybe you really didn't want us to see you sick and weak kaya you kept on insisting that you were okay (even if you weren't) and that we didn't need to fly home (when we really needed to). But it's okay to be weak, every now and then, Dad. I have come to realize that now, after 33 years of my existence. You don't have to be Superman all the time for us, Dad.

I will always be here for you. Alam ko Manoy Joji feels the same way. Please don't ever think na makakaistorbo ka sa amin and that you would be a burden to us. You have raised us well. We will take care of you and Mommy. We will always be here for you.

Thank you, Dad, for everything. You have taught me so many things. They weren't really "fun" then but now I am grateful that you have been very patient with me because now I understand and appreciate all the words of wisdom and discipline you have imparted to me.

I will always be your little girl and you will always have a special place in my heart.

I love you, Dad.

Maan



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)