Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bakunado sa Flu!

Ako na ang nanay na praning! When it comes to my boys, I don't take chances. I go for anything and everything that will keep them healthy and boost their immune system. And so, I constantly check if they regularly take their vitamins and make sure they get all the vaccines that they need.

My boys' baby books are kept in one file envelope and I'm proud to say that they have completed all their vaccines, including those that other moms decide to skip such as the vaccine for chicken pox and flu.

Yes, my boys get their flu vaccines every year. The Kuyas usually get vaccinated around May as part of our back-to-school preparations but we had to adjust it to June or July so we can avail of the flu vaccination program being offered by the company I work for. The program started about 3 years ago and we have been looking forward to it every year because it meant more affordable flu shots for me and my boys.

This year, the flu vaccination activity was conducted last June 25 (Saturday). By 9am, all 19 of us (me, hubby, our boys, our yaya, and my in-laws) went to my office to get vaccinated. Overall, we found the event to be well-organized. Everything went smoothly and in less than one hour, all 19 of us were bakunado sa flu!

Here's a picture of son #3 and his pout after the shot. =)



It has become our practice to have a family lunch after the flu vaccination. We rarely have the chance to do this... have lunch outside, all 22 of us. Here's a photo of my hubby, my boys, and my in-laws. Lunch was at Chowking because Hubby's mom wanted to try the Chinese-style chicken. His mom takes care of all of us so anything she says gets a yes from all of us. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)