Saturday, September 5, 2009

Latch

When I was halfway through my maternity leave, I began thinking (and worrying) about how I will be able to continue breastfeeding after I go back to work. Although I already found plenty of materials in the internet about my concern, I felt somewhat alone. I wanted to meet other breastfeeding moms. I wanted to hear what they have to say about breastfeeding while working.

Like an answered prayer, a TV ad caught my attention. It showed testimonies of breastfeeding moms and mentioned an organization that offers support to breastfeeding moms... Latch. I visited the website, sent an email about my interest in learning more about the group and its activities and asked for tips on how to continue breastfeeding even after I return to work. Within the day, I received a reply and became friends with one of their breastfeeding counsellors (Jen) who was very nice and patient in answering all of my questions.

I strongly recommend Latch (http://www.theperfectlatch.com) to moms and moms-to-be. It is a support group that conducts breastfeeding workshops and other services that will help moms know more about breastfeeding.

I guess this is my chance to thank Latch (and Jen) for all the support given to me. Up to now, my baby and I are still enjoying the amazing benefits of breastfeeding! Thanks, guys! You rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)