Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Love at First Bite

My first taste of Estrel’s caramel cake was during a salu-salo in the office. Its intricate design made the cake look elegant and inviting. The flower icings were amazingly detailed it made me think that it was baked with love… like your mother laboring over your packed lunch. The cake was so soft and its icing was so rich and creamy that after the first bite, it immediately occupied the top spot of my cakes-to-die-for list.

I introduced the cake to my family last May 2008 during Hubby’s birthday. It instantly became a hit. Everybody loved the cake especially my mother in-law who was swept away because the cake was not-overly-sweet yet still yummy. Since then, Estrel’s caramel cake became part of many family celebrations.


Hubby's birthday (2008)


our baby's christening (September 2008)


6th month of our baby (March 2009)


Hubby and Kuya's birthday (May 2009)


10th month of our baby (July 2009)

Estrel's Caramel Cakes
54 Scout Tobias cor Scout Limbaga
Brgy. Laging Handa, Quezon City
Telephone numbers: (02) 372-2965; (02) 371-7938

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is new to me. I have been actually looking for a new cakes in town. Will definitely put this in my list. Parang ang sarap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ness. It's really worth a try. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! those cookies looks so yummy dear!! sad to say i live in singapore and my province in philippines is very far to that address. it really looks yummy like bread talk cakes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, would love to try Estrel's caramel cake too! :D I'm not a fan of overly sweet cakes, so I'm sure I'd like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog, Mary Jane!:) On your next visit to the Philippines, drop by the area and bring home a caramel cake from Estrels. Satisfaction guaranteed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog, Sumi. :)
    Yes, do try the caramel cakes. Satisfaction guaranteed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. we always have this too during special occasions. but we always order the round one as the rectagular one is too much for us. we're not really into cakes but we love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Gwen! I'm glad you like Estrels, too! Kami naman we soo love the cake, kulang kapag round lang ang bilhin. Haha! Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)